UNLIMITED Welcome Bonus Exclusively At Bodog Casino
|Casino name:||Bodog Casino|
|Number of games:||100+|
Proposition Bets for Craps
There are two kinds of proposition bets, hardways, and one roll bets. None of them are advised, as the house advantage is overwhelmingly not in your favor.
Hardways are bets on a 6 (double 3), 8 (double 4),4 (double 2), or 10 (double 5). To win these wagers, you need whatever double you bet on come up before a seven comes up, or the number comes up in a non-double way, such as 2-4 or 1-5 instead of a double 6.
- 4 (double 2) - pays 7 to 1 - 11.1 % house advantage
- 6 (double 3) - pays 9 to 1 - 9.09 % house advantage
- 8 (double 4) - pays 9 to 1 - 9.09 % house advantage
- 10(double 5) - pays 7 to 1 - 11.1 % house advantage
One Roll Bets
One roll bets can pay even better than hardways, but like all proposition bets, they should not be even seriously considered. The house advantage is just too high. This is a bet that the very next roll will be whatever it is you are betting on, hence the name "one roll bet." There's the 2 (double ones), the 12 (double six), three or 11, any seven, any craps, the horn bet and the hop bet. Again, don't be a sucker.
- Any 7 (the next roll will be a 7) - pays 4 to 1 - 16.67 % house advantage
- Any craps (the next roll will be craps) - pays 7 to 1 - 11.1 house advantage
- 2 (double ones) - pays 30 to 1 - 13.89 % house advantage
- 3 (next roll will be 3) - pays 15 to 1 - 11.1 % house advantage
- 11 (next roll will be 11) - pays 15 to 1 - 11.1 % house advantage
- 12 (double six) - pays 30 to 1 - 13.89 % house advantage
Horn bets and Hop bets
Horn bets and Hop bets are also One Roll Bets but need explanation. Like all proposition bets, it is to be avoided.
Horn bets allow you to make four bad bets at once. It is the worst of all proposition bets. A horn bet is a bet on the 2,3,11, and 12 one roll bets at once. That means the value of the bet must be divided be four, so $40 is a $10 bet on each. That also means that even if one of them wins, three of them will lose.
Hop bets have no place on the board to play. You have to call a hop bet out before the dice are cast. It is a bet on an exact dice roll. You say to the boxman "I want 2-3 on the hop" or "I want double 5 on the hop."
- Pairs - pay 30 to 1 - 13.89 % house advantage
- Non-pairs - pay 15 to 1 - 11.1 % house advantage
As you can see, with both hardway and one roll bets, proposition bets are not a smart way to play craps. If you want to experiment with them, it is better to play free craps at first, and then when you have learned the hard (but painless) way, play the real thing for real money.
Tomas Hick, Strategic Analyst